Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review of Wounded by Jasinda Wilder

Wounded
Publisher:  (December 2012 )
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Format: e-book (277
pages)
Source: Purchased



Rating 3.5/5

War has taken everything from me. My family. My home. My innocence. In a country blasted by war and wracked by economic hardship, a young orphan girl like me has very few options when it comes to survival. Thus, I do what I must to live, to eat, and I try very hard to not consider the cost to my soul. My heart is empty, and my existence brutal.

The one impossibility in my life is love.

And then I meet HIM.

War is hell. It takes a chunk out of a man's very soul to do the kinds of things war demands of you. You live with fear, you live with guilt, and you live with nightmares. If you haven't been through it, there's no understanding it. War leaves no room for love, no room for tenderness or softness. You gotta be hard, closed off, and ready to fight every moment of every day. Lose focus for a split second, and you're dead.

Now the only thing that can save me is HER.
 


Review 

This is a hard review.  Because on one hand it is a beautiful love story, on the other hand maybe not so believable.  The writing is quite good and the story flows seamlessly and without problems.  For me, I had a hard time believing that anyone could fall in love the way that Rania and Hunter did.  Not that they couldn't fall in love just the way it unfolded.  

You spent a lot of time with the two H/H  being unable to communicate.  She speaks Arabic and him not so much.  Spending so much time on Rania's Job and going into detail was a little much for me.  

I would have liked to have seen more of these two state side and falling in love rather then in Iraq falling in love.  Getting to know each other outside of war and the stress that not only Rania was going through but also Hunter.  

It was still very well written.   It did touch me in ways that made me sniffle a few times.   I'll read more from this author.  She addressed several, very ugly issues and still turned out a nicely done novel.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment